MASONIC FORUM - Freemasons for Freemasonry - Year 2013 Forum Index
PS Review of Freemasonry
PS Review of Freemasonry Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant news and papers published on this site
envelope Subscribe News by Email
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Junior Warden and Entered Apprentices
Post Junior Warden and Entered Apprentices 
Can anyone help me with information and references regarding the concept that the Junior Warden is in control of the Entered Apprentices, and the Senior Warden the Fellowcrafts?
I have heard that the JW's portal represents the door to an Entered Apprentice Lodge, and that is why EAFs are proved in full by the JW, and he only takes a cursory interest in a FC, leaving it to the SW who carries out the full questioning for all but EAF's in degree workings.

I think your answer lies therein
FBW
David

Many thanks for the reply David. I had given up and so had not checked here for a while.

I spent some time researching and found the statements I required as references. I have been writing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree booklet for candidates to be presented after the ceremony explaining the ritual and giving a few allegories. They are at present being looked at by senior brethren in my Lodge. The 1st is nearest completion, the 2nd and 3rd in the first draft stage. I have made use of many different sources and written them from the aspect of my own Lodge which follows closely the Ritual of the 3 degrees laid down by Grand Lodge of New Zealand.

New Zealand has a ritual developed in the late 1800s from the English, Scottish and Irish constitutions which were, and are still, present in the country. For that reason we have 2 different 3rd degree ceremonies one closer to the English and an alternative containing more of the Scottish workings so I am told.

I am just a Master Mason, and Senior Deacon elect, so I am not a Mark Mason. I will wait till then to find out the "Masonic Answer" to my query, rather than the historic ones given in the literature I have researched.

Many thanks for your kind reply

yours
John BG

I am just a Master Mason, and Senior Deacon elect
Quote:

I wish you well ; you are as they say on the ladder and your floor work is important- a lot of dignity in fluency on the floor. Enjoy and continue with the research-- it does alleviate the occasional boredom!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1