MASONIC FORUM - Freemasons for Freemasonry - Year 2013 Forum Index
PS Review of Freemasonry
PS Review of Freemasonry Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant news and papers published on this site
envelope Subscribe News by Email
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Chart of Light & Truth [Masonic Lithograph]
Post Chart of Light & Truth [Masonic Lithograph] 
There is a fascinating Masonic Lithograph called the 'Chart of Light & Truth' in a couple of Lodge anterooms here in South Australia.

As an EA I visited a lecture on the chart and was immediately fascinated.
It contains a panoply of masonic symbolism seemingly from all degrees.

I have scanned it in high resolution and provided technical assistance during a subsequent lecture by putting it up on the wall with a digital projector.
This was an excellent means of display as some of the symbols are very small and seem discretely tucked away.

I aspire to one day be suitably qualified to deliver a lecture on this subject myself.

There is only one internet site that has this available for viewing but the resolution is not fantastic. I may upload it if someone wants it for a lecture. I will have to check copyright details first though.

http://lodgepambuladaylight.org/lithograph.htm

Their site says this about it:

Hanging in the entry hall of the Pambula Masonic Center is a lithograph of numerous masonic symbols, coats of arms, etc. It is dated 1882 for copyright registraion and was printed by the Brotherhood Professional Art Society, Boston, USA. Two names appear on the bottom and can only be read on the original with a magnifying glass eg HA Fowler and TC Fielding. (Interesting initials). Another name at the right bottom under the pillar reads JH Daniels Pr, Boston. Presumably the printer. The lithograph is approximately A1 size and the image on the next page was obtained by scanning 6 times with an A4 size scanner and joining the pieces with photoshop. The full sized image is 2524x2739 pixels which is a bit large for a web page."

I scanned it 4 times with an A3 scanner at 600dpi.
I had to piece it together with photoshop, this was difficult as there was some slight distortion around the edges.
I wouldn't mind having it scanned with a high res A1 scanner to digitally immortalise the Chart.
This may come later.

But enough nerd speak.

Brethren,

What do you know of the Masonic Chart of Light & Truth?

All info appreciated.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1