MASONIC FORUM - Freemasons for Freemasonry - Year 2013 Forum Index
PS Review of Freemasonry
PS Review of Freemasonry Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant news and papers published on this site
envelope Subscribe News by Email
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
My First Lodge Meeting
Post My First Lodge Meeting 
Hi All,
I went through my EA degree last week and was able to attend my first lodge meeting last night (our lodge opens on the EA degree so new members can be involved from the start). Including myself, there were only about 10 people at the lodge meeting. I was wondering if this small number is common, or if it is relatively low. The other thing that struck me about the meeting is that there seemed to be a heck of a lot of "procedure" for a group of 10 guys to wade through. In a larger group, I can see where rules of order and procedure would be more necessary. For me, the most interesting, open, and productive part of the meeting came after the formal meeting when most of us hung out for 20 minutes and talked over a cup of coffee.

Just thought I'd pass on the first thoughts of someone entering Masonry and see what others thought.

Small but select
You are amongst brothers
It will take time for you to appreciate the meaning of this
Renenber your mother lodge is one of many
As an EA you can visit EA workings in sister lodges accompanied by a Master Mason -- do itIt will be part of your growth

Congratulations on your initiatioon and welcome to the Craft in general and this forum in particular my brother

Wayne

Congratulations!!!! Dear Bro from Oriente de Chile :.

Rito Escoses
Valle de Providencia Santiago de Chile
Gran Logia de Chile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Re: My First Lodge Meeting 
"I went through my EA degree last week and was able to attend my first lodge meeting last night (our lodge opens on the EA degree so new members can be involved from the start). Including myself, there were only about 10 people at the lodge meeting. I was wondering if this small number is common, or if it is relatively low."

During the course of your Masonic life you will visit lodges of all kinds and all sizes in different countries. You will see that they range in size from the one you have just entered to lodges consisting of hundreds of members. My Mother Lodge in the Bahamas is small, but when I return to visit once a year or so, it is always the high point of my year, the fellowship and brotherly love I experience is palpable and I carry it with me everywhere.

The "formality" you experience in the lodge is a necessary thing, it has been passed down from generation to generation and is something you will come to cherish. Do not be in haste to judge, my Brother, once the whole picture is revealed to you , you will appreciate its beauty.

I welcome you, as you take your place among us.

Regards,

Lobbus.

congratulations on your initiation if possible get your mentor or another M.M, to take you to an initiation as soon as possible then ypurs will become clearer,
sarge

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1