MASONIC FORUM - Freemasons for Freemasonry - Year 2013 Forum Index
PS Review of Freemasonry
PS Review of Freemasonry Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant news and papers published on this site
envelope Subscribe News by Email
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Changes in Royal Arch in England
Post Changes in Royal Arch in England 
Who can describe in a short message which are the main changes in the Holy Royal Arch in England?

Post Royal Arch under E.C. 
To do so in a short message would not be at all easy. To do so at all in a public forum such as this would, in my opinion, be unwise. What could be said is that for any Royal Arch Companion under the E.C., those changes and the reasons for them are already known and for any others they are pretty well irrelevant.

The Holy Words have been halved- those considered by some as of pagan origin removed.
But not so in Scottish Constitution

What I want to know is what caused the committee of enquiry in the first place? Who complained?
I have the full report in my hands and it is not evident to what provoked the change 'all of a sudden'.

What I want to know is what caused the committee of enquiry in the first place? Who complained?
I have the full report in my hands and it is not evident to what provoked the change 'all of a sudden'.

Brother

Being on the other side of the world I have no details but here might be a starting point for investigation:

It is likely the Jews taking custody of the ritual we now see as HRA from the sumerians (abraham and friends) forced the circle of the zodiac into the straight lines of the jewish Tree of Life in forming the Chapter. (Holy Arch is an egyptian title of the pole star - at the top of the dome of the heavens)

And having inherited the "sacred" words based on the sumerian gods of An, Baal and Ea, felt obliged to retain them (as coming from abraham's people) and introduced jewish versions as additional words to make the ritual their own.

And the sumerian god names were actually substitutes for the sacred words but were regarded by the jews as ancient so were recited in the area of the tree associated with the Supernals, while the jewish versions were associated with Tipharet (in the layout of the chapter) being more accessible to most humans.

The triple grip is the most important part of the ritual and does not originate with the sumerians.

Now I conjecture that some have discovered that the jews were unwilling to delete the earlier version of the ritual entirely and they (current people) are now willing to do what ancient jews would not.

I leave you to consider the usefulness of this to preserving the ancient mysteries

Cheers

Russell Holland

What I do find a little alarming about this is that several Chapters which I attend (under E.C.), have made the decision to accept the non-mandatory changes even though, apart from learning to deliver their ritual, few Companions had actually studied the origins and reasons behind it. So they had made a decision, rightly or wrongly, that affects all those coming after them, without the necessary information. Further, having decided to change, it would be extremely difficult to change back if the decision were found to be undesirable.

For those still to decide, I would advise caution and to see how happy other Chapters feel. One could, I suppose, make a decision to try the new versions and to revisit the decision process in, say, five years time but I think that would difficult in practice.

In my Chapter we have decided to wait and see how the changes work with other Chapters. We therefore have only added the mandatory alterations.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1