MASONIC FORUM - Freemasons for Freemasonry - Year 2013 Forum Index
PS Review of Freemasonry
PS Review of Freemasonry Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant news and papers published on this site
envelope Subscribe News by Email
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Freemasonry Needs Change
Post Re: A New Beginning? 
[quote="holland
brethren.

So, I await with interest what you have uncovered in the use of symbols.

Best wishes

Russell Holland
seagodz@yahoo.com[/quote]
-----
As i revealed my interpretations of architectrual symbolism in my messages in this forum, i now await for your comment on them, in this forum.
Alkistis
------
In adition i would like to say:
Long time ago i started looking into symbols and reading masonic books, for curiosity, as one reads a very exiting mystery book. Even when i started my work on architectural symbolism, few years ago, i was very happy with myself, when i was discoevring things, or, when my supposition, seemed to coincide with the purpose of the architect of the contempalted work.
Now, at the end of all that and only now i made the greatest discovery, or, perhaps it is that i was finally prepared to see the human being inside the work of the great artists, the human being, and the work on him/her/self,as the most important among all the works of art.
So, finally, instead of being lost or absorbed by the detail, by the single keys that were guiding me in the uncovery of the mysteries of the various contemplated architectural works of art, i finally opened my eyes. Perhaps i finally have seen myself, and finally i have seen the comlex symbol, in the facades taken in consideration, those of St Andrea al Quirinale and of St George in Ragusa/Sicily. And that comrehensive and quintessential symbolism is that of the assendance of each of us, from our rough mater, to the spiritual being that is inside us and we have to discover. I believe that is the quintessential role of freemassonry too: We are initiated in doing that, in walking down that path. And i think also that we have to repeat this initiation more times in our lifes. Arriving to the chair of the master is not the final purpose.
Saluti a tutti,
Alkistis

I have been studying the nature of reality all my life, and have aquainted myself with a questioning nature. Most of the rhetoric I dredge up from the internet regarding Freemasonry is negative in its content, and its nice to see a forum with educated, intelligent minds attempting to reveal itself unto the public eye.

My concern is for the future of Masonry, as well as the future of global relations in regards to its role in scociety. I have been offered a position in a lodge in my hometown, of course I am tempted. While I have had success in reaching higher planes of understanding, These things are always more productive in groups. I see corrpuption in any large institution, be it government or publicly run, religious or otherwise. Most Freemasons I have had contact with don' t seem to know much about this orgonization, So I stumbled upon your forum looking for some answers to a couple of basic questions I have.

First of all, I wouldn't doubt many high level officials in positions of power would be attracted to such a group, With such a prestidgious history. I don't neccisarilly have a problem in letting Freemasons rule my country, But do you forsee, or are there currently, any members dedicated to maintaining a moral standard for people with such power?

Secondly, Either Freemasonry will endure untill humanity "wakes up", that is to say, comes into a spiritual revolution, and partakes in it, freeing its knowledge to all men, as all men are equally deserving of knowledge, if they truley want to learn. Or, it will stagnate and eventually become a shell of the institution it once was. How do you forsee the coming age changing humanity? And what part will masonry play in bringing about this spiritual revolution?

Third and last, Where do you feel masonry should stand on issues of war? Are you advocates of peace, or do you tend to let nations resolve thier issues through political means?

Thats all, I hope you have the time to respond to my quiries, thank you for letting me post here. I hope we can start a dialog as information on the internet has highly questionable credentials. Thank you, Good day.

John Stewart

Hi,the freemasonry is I big Change but for internal person in the world

Razz

Rito Escoses
Valle de Providencia Santiago de Chile
Gran Logia de Chile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
>I don't neccisarilly have a problem in letting Freemasons rule my country, But do you forsee, or are there currently, any members dedicated to maintaining a moral standard for people with such power?

John, In many countries if not most, Masonry has declined to perhaps a 10th of its numbers just after World War 2, and as a percentage of the population must be around 20th or less of what it was then.

Thus Freemasons are not generally in a position to rule any country. On the other hand some groups of souls reincarnate together and seize power together. And such a group might well promote its agenda under the cover of a lodge or church or other social organisation

> How do you forsee the coming age changing humanity? And what part will masonry play in bringing about this spiritual revolution?

Humanity is rapidly changing its body consciousness (see the sale of bottled water rather than soft drinks) and also changing its moral consciousness (see rejection of time immemorial child abuse). Masonry may reform itself and provide support for the emerging spirituality of humanity or Masonry may become an antiquarian interest.

>Third and last, Where do you feel masonry should stand on issues of war? Are you advocates of peace, or do you tend to let nations resolve thier issues through political means?

Freemasonry does not require any belief system but it does require morality. Generally Freemasonry expects that brethren will support their family and their country. Occasionally there have been Masonic attempts to prevent war but that was when Masonry was a much larger proportion of the population. Masonry supports brotherly love, relief (of suffering) and truth.

John, you may usefully consider what intent lies behind Freemasonry and whether the intent is being achieved. The answers to those questions may lead you past the externalities of Masonic structure and allegory

Cheers

Russell Holland

Unser Ziel ist, dass Freimaurerei weltweit Menschen vereinigt, die sich
- unabhängig von Geschlecht, Hautfarbe, Religion, Weltanschauung und politischer Einstellung -
zu den Prinzipien von Humanität und Toleranz bekennen.

Yes take a look at that!
I think this will be the future of freemasonry; wanderloges..it also means there are different kind of lodges; only for men, only for women, or mixed lodges and they can visit each other. Finally a step forward where everbody is respected. And every lodge can stay the way they began (and want to continue), but visiting a totally different lodge is possible.

Quote:
Eines der höchsten Güter des SGOvD ist die Gewissensfreiheit. Während bei der englischen (oder „regulären“) Freimaurerei nur Männer als Mitglieder zugelassen sind, vertritt der SGOvD eine liberale Haltung. So steht er grundsätzlich für das gleichberechtigte Nebeneinander von Frauen und Männern. Ausdrücklich werden auch geschlechtsspezifische Logen zugelassen; zu freimaurerischen „Arbeiten“ müssen die Logen im SGOvD hingegen alle Freimaurer unabhängig ihres Geschlechts uneingeschränkt zulassen.

source;
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souver%C3%A4ner_GrossOrient_von_Deutschland

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2