MASONIC FORUM - Freemasons for Freemasonry - Year 2013 Forum Index
PS Review of Freemasonry
PS Review of Freemasonry Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant news and papers published on this site
envelope Subscribe News by Email
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
consecration of lodge
Post consecration of lodge 
Does anyone know if there is there any objection in general for a lodge to be consecrated in a hall adjoining/ attached to an existing prayer place eg church ,synagogue?

However, you may be hard pressed to find such a location. Places of worship don't usually like others of other belief holding meetings on their propertly. More importantly, some such locations consider freemasonry devil worship.

I meant in the same building as -- whereby the place of worship itself was not being used .eg floor above or below
Indeed the place of worship might not own the property leasehold

Yes, I did understand.. like a common room, fellowship room or other recreation room not used as a santuary/place of worship.

I'm on the same page with you.

Now, if the place of worship does not own the property, I'd say only the property owner has a say in the matter....

However, depending on the lease agreement with the place of worship, and the income resulting from the same.
THe property owner may not be able to sublease an area to a lodge, or if they can legally, then they may not want to loose the larger venue for the rental/lease of the property.
It is the same result.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1