MASONIC FORUM - Freemasons for Freemasonry - Year 2013 Forum Index
PS Review of Freemasonry
PS Review of Freemasonry Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant news and papers published on this site
envelope Subscribe News by Email
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Traditional Observance Masonry - Is anyone interested?
Post Traditional Observance Masonry - Is anyone interested? 
I have been researching Traditional Observance (TO) Masonry. I have discovered several very informative links, and met some individuals who belong to these types of lodges. I must say I am very impressed with what I have learned. I may be useful, in helping get one of these lodges started, sometime in the future.

What I would like to do, is to connect with Masons, around the USA (and elsewhere), who participate in these lodges. I am also interested in meeting Masons who have set up these lodges, and have experience with the hassles and problems inherent therein.

Maybe some of you, have never heard of a lodge, where all of the men wear tuxedos (some wear full formal, white tie, and tails). Meetings are held in strict protocol, it takes a minimum of one (1) year to complete a degree. Dues range from $250-$500 per year. Candidates are subject to intense and careful scrutiny, prior to acceptance. Even visitation, is strictly controlled, visitors must get permission from the WM, at least 2-3 days in advance, prior to attending.

Members have to research various topics, and deliver presentations in lodge. After-lodge dining is called an "agape", where meals are taken in a formal setting. there ain't no spaghetti on paper plates!

If you would like to discuss this topic, I would enjoy hearing from you.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1