MASONIC FORUM - Freemasons for Freemasonry - Year 2013 Forum Index
PS Review of Freemasonry
PS Review of Freemasonry Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant news and papers published on this site
envelope Subscribe News by Email
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Further on Mystery of the Royal Arch word
Post Further on Mystery of the Royal Arch word 
R.W. Bro. Gazzo.
Please forgive my temerity in pursuing this. Please bear in mind that I love this web site, and in general, I think the articles are fantastic and it is a credit and valuable asset for freemasonry. I understand that Arturo de Hoyos is a very well skilled Masonic scholar. I also understand the paper was published in Heredom. However, I don't know (being from Canada and relatively new to Freemasonry) what the circulation of Heredom is but I'm assuming you have to be a member of the scottish rite, and I would have hoped at a certain degree standing. I also note that the article is from 1993, not 2003, and it is not one of the articles available on the web from Heredom in PDF form. Having said all of that, I don't think you should put too fine a point on whether the discussion is about the modern Royal Arch Word or not, because as a Royal Arch Mason, having received that word, I am extremely uncomfortable with the article's revelations. I am all for much greater transparency in many aspects of the craft, but in my opinion, having enjoyed immensely the journey from E.A. to R.A.M. and the amazing experience of receiving the word in the Supreme Degree, this article is a big spoiler. That's coming from somebody who read the complete works of Robert Lomas before being initiated (and don't think I was worse for the experience).

I hope that you will listen to my request.

FY
Gord

Post Re: Further on Mystery of the Royal Arch word 
gechlin wrote:
R.W. Bro. Gazzo.
Please forgive my temerity in pursuing this. Please bear in mind that I love this web site, and in general, I think the articles are fantastic and it is a credit and valuable asset for freemasonry. I understand that Arturo de Hoyos is a very well skilled Masonic scholar. ...........
FY
Gord

Dear Bro Gord,

Thank you for your appreciation of PS Review of Freemasonry.

As Brent wrote to you: Art's paper presents an historically accurate and carefully documented explanation for inquiring minds.

No panic Wink you understand nothing about the real word, if you are not a Royal Arch Mason as you are.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1